Places To Visit
Middle of the school holidays, need to get yourself and the kids outside, but exhausted your local haunts? Then here are a few suggestions…
Picnics & Meadows
- Our meadow, willow dome & den building, Great Shelford Rec (had to include this!)
- Grantchester meadows, park on the road or village charity car park when open.
- Trumpington Country Park (park at Byron’s Pool Nature reserve)
Exploring & Climbing
- Anglesey Abbey
- Hatfield Forest (lots of tree climbing!)
- Wimpole Hall
- Wicken Fen
- Cherry Hinton Hall Park. There are two paddling pools next to the main play area, and you can also paddle in the river on the site of the old mill and weir.
- Coleridge splash pad, Davy Road
- Lammas land park and paddling pool
- Queen Elizabeth Olympic Park, including the fantastic Tumbling Bay playground designed by our very own Architects.
- Ferry Meadows, near Peterborough. Water, meadows, train rides, horse riding, sand and water play, you name it, all at http://www.neneparktrust.org.uk/ferry-meadows
- Hatfield Park Farm. Feed the animals, tractor and train rides, and an awesome adventure playground (with a decent coffee up at the house cafe!).
Enjoy the rest of your summer and we look forward to seeing you on Sunday 17th September at the Fun Run! Go to www.shelfordfunrun.co.uk to register your spot.
If you’re not running come and cheer on the participants: there will be plenty of food and entertainment on the rec too! Happy Holidays!