05 INCLUSIVE PLAYSCAPE
At the heart of the Master Plan is an inclusive Playscape, a playful and playable landscape, that does not segregate by age all ability.
The design follows Best Practice principles for play provision, specifically the use of natural elements and an inclusive approach allowing people of all abilities and ages to play together.
- Relocated play area with rolling, playable landscape with natural features.
- Spectacular, bespoke, climbing frame that provides many play opportunities and routes
- In-wheelchair access to the sand play, trampoline and roundabout and a double-width slide for carers to assist, as well as sensory elements
- Boundaries created through planting and landscaping, more trees for shade and wildlife
- New secure fence around car park
- Safer distance from the cricket boundary
As of Spring 2021 we are delighted to have reached our fundraising target for this phase and it will shortly become a reality! Yippee!
Fundraising continues for the next phase, the wheelscape, a crucial element that offers another play environment particularly for the older child and young person.